cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing SW & scanning slides with mg7120 printer

tsnider1520
Contributor

Ok I have a Win 10 machine and Pixma 7120 printer that I'm trying to scan slides with. running xp68-win-mg7100-5_70-ejs.exe as suggested in the web pages does not load the IJ Scanner Utility. The MyImageGarden screen has the scanner choice grayed out also. I may have previously had a 9000F scanner installed on this PC years ago but dont' remember. I've tried unloading that and rebooting several times without and results. After unloading the 9000f using the Canon utility there are still remanents of the 9000F scanner in the registry. I don't know if that affecting the 7120 scanner or not. 

Scanning normal documents with the 7120 works. I have a bunch of slides I'd like to scan. Ideas?

Thx.

3 REPLIES 3

Balistreri
Apprentice

I have same issue but i have the HP printer any suggestions or i have to contact  HP official site

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You will still need to install the MG7100 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01. Please click HERE to download and then install the printer/scanner driver.  [link corrected]

Once this driver is installed, open IJ Scan Utility. If you previous scanner is listed, click on the model name and a drop down menu should appear that allow you to select the MG7120. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

First -- link isn't good. Now to the bigger point.

[Thanks for catching that.  We've corrected the link above.]

Yes -- the scanner has always worked. But it seems incapable of scanning the image in slides. e.g. no back light turns on during scan so you get an image of the whole slide itself including the holder and not just the slide image itself. the ij utility has no slide function. Auto option gives results shown.

tsnider1520_1-1641675013786.png

tsnider1520_0-1641674909871.png

Announcements