cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 -Canon Professional Print and Layout v1.5 Installation error

dclark
Contributor

I am trying to use PP&L with my Canon Pro-1000.  PP&L has been recently updated to v1.5 on 8/29/2024.  I downloaded the Windows 10 version and tried the installation, but it immediately stops with error code 0.  I rebooted and tried again but I get the same error. 

Anyone know how to correct this?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@dclark wrote:

I am trying to use PP&L with my Canon Pro-1000.  PP&L has been recently updated to v1.5 on 8/29/2024.  I downloaded the Windows 10 version and tried the installation, but it immediately stops with error code 0.  I rebooted and tried again but I get the same error. 

Anyone know how to correct this?

Hi. 

I just downloaded and installed PP&L 1.5 on my W10 computer without error, so I think you may have a local problem.

Maybe someone with knowledge of W10 error codes will see this and assist.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

dclark
Contributor

Today I spent nearly two hours in an on-line remote control session with Canon support.  The tech tried a bunch of stuff like installing in different folders and drives, using a Admin account, etc, etc, etc, but all he ever got was Error Code 0.  He seemed to have no idea what would generate that error code. 

To be clear, the installer starts and asks a series of questions about languages, accepting terms, folder to put the application, etc (accepted the defaults and tried variants) but when the last accept is clicked and it starts to install, it immediately fails with Error Code 0.  Unfortunately the error code seems to be useless.  It gives no indication of why the installer failed.  At least Canon tech support has no idea what it means.

Part of the reason I am interested in getting PP&L to work is that I am contemplating purchase of the Pro-2100 to add to my Pro-1000.  I don't want to make that purchase if PP&L does not work.  Maybe I need to move to Epson.

Announcements