imageCLASS MF230 Series WiFi setup

JerryW
Apprentice

mf230 printer. Set up for connect but how do I change to wifi

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know how you are connecting to Wi-Fi and
 exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version) Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

I am on Windows 10 Home. I am trying to connect Verizon WiFi. When I use disc to download drivers and go thru install process, the set up stops where it is searching for device and nothing comes up. I tried going thru menu on printer ( i.e., Network Settings) but nothing fits.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi JerryW,

MF232?

Canon Support for imageCLASS MF232w | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Use this driver for installation.  The disc that comes with the printer is usually outdated by the time it makes it to your home.

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNzcyMzAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

If you have tried and failed to install the printer, please remove the device, uninstall any software, reboot and start over with the new driver.  This package includes the MF UFRII printer driver and ScanGear.

Note, the printer only supports 2.4Ghz networks.  If your Verizon device is using the same SSID name for 2.4/5G broadcasts, it might cause problems during the detection phase.  You can temporarily disable the 5G broadcast and re-enable after the printer has been added.  If the 2.4Ghz network is already using a separate name, this won't apply.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jerry W,

If your wireless router has a WPS button on it for connecting devices, you can connect the printer to your network using the steps in the link HERE. Once connected, you can perform the install on your computer again to see if it is detected.

If the router does not have a WPS button, you can use the steps in the link HERE to select the name of your network and enter the password. If your network does not appear in the list of networks in range, you can try unplugging your router for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in to see if it appears or you can check your network settings to make sure your router is not set to 5ghz only.

If you continue to have issues connecting the printer to your network, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Announcements