cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS LBP6000 - Mac Sonoma 10.14 - Printer Stuck on Sending Data to Printer

griffey244230
Contributor

Just updated to Mac Sonoma and of course the Canon Printer I use won't function properly.

Specifically I download and install the latest driver from Canon (10.0.7 as of today), delete the old instance of my printer, add a new printer. But when I go to print, it gets hung up at "SENDING DATA TO PRINTER". Nothing else happens. It just hangs. 

Various installs, uninstalls and restarts later, nothing has changed. 

I then try to my Ventura Mac having seen the printer work on it previously... and now it too won't work. Wash, rinse, repeat -- no better, same Sending Data to Printer.

I jump on a Big Sur machine... and I load up the driver, go to print and it's instant, just like old days. 

So what's the issue here? Is this a Canon Driver issue? Apple rushing updates issue? Or have I made a fatal error that I haven't deduced yet? 

Wanted to get this out there cause no one seems to address the SENDING DATA TO PRINTER issue anywhere on the internet. Feels like there should be some threads to folks work through the issue. 

(just tried once more and yeah, stuck at the same spot)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JimmyBB
Apprentice

Hi everyone, could you check this setting on the Mac? Under Login Items, Allow in Background and ensure Canon INC. is set to on. If this is off, it will cause exactly what is described. As part of the driver install, this is automatically set to on. Looks like a Mac OS issue disabling this as opposed to Canon dropping support. 

Allow in Background - Canon INC MacOS 14.5.png

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The US Support portal lists drivers for Sonoma V14.3.1 released 2-22-2024.  Canon has continued to support the device.  The printer is 14 yrs old.

Canon Support for imageCLASS LBP6000 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

File Name
mac-capt-v1007-usen.dmg
File Version
V10.0.7
File Size
27.07 MB
File Languages
English
Post Date
02/22/2024
Environment
Supported OS
macOS 10.13.6 - macOS 14.3.1

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

griffey244230
Contributor

Hi Rick, 

Thanks for the reply. However that driver doesn't actually work and has not been updated since September 2023. If you check the DMG file inside, it's the same 10.0.7 version that was released back then.

The February 2024 "update" is nothing other than validation that it "works". 

However, it's documented here that the driver doesn't actually work. It does install just fine, but the errors persist. Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 5.49.42 PM.png

Polkutie
Apprentice

Still the same problem. Is this the way Canon takes care of the environment? Would be grate to use old printer (LPB6000) with osx Sonoma too. The printer has worked like charm until the Sonoma update. Still waiting the progress!

Bummer to hear! Such a good printer with so much life left in it.

Due to Canon's lack of effort to remedy this issue, I bought a new printer from Brother. Lost a customer. 

alidep
Apprentice

Still not working. Why do I have to throw away a printer that should work due to a lack of support from the factory? I used to love Canon (I have all my Camera all gears, 3 bodies, scanners, printer) but this is a real let down for your customers. I have to update my cameras now but I will not buy another item from you! I think I’ll go Sony. 

Polkutie
Apprentice

Should the issue be spread to Canon Official social media feeds to push to make a change or what? Propably not the best pr..

JimmyBB
Apprentice

Hi everyone, could you check this setting on the Mac? Under Login Items, Allow in Background and ensure Canon INC. is set to on. If this is off, it will cause exactly what is described. As part of the driver install, this is automatically set to on. Looks like a Mac OS issue disabling this as opposed to Canon dropping support. 

Allow in Background - Canon INC MacOS 14.5.png

HECK! Toggling that on worked!!! Thanks JimmyBB

click here to view the gallery
Announcements