cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i-SENSYS MF645Cx MF Scan Utility Error Message

orhanaydin
Apprentice

I am using Canon i-sensys MF645cx multi printer. I installed the printer and scanner drivers. The printer works but when I run "MF Scan Ultity" for the scanner I get the following error message: "a scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. install it and try again". I am using Windows 11 64bit operating system. The drivers I installed are "GPlus_PCL6_Driver_V250_32_64_00" and "winmfscanutilityv12002". can you please provide the solution to my problem?

7 REPLIES 7

dc607
Apprentice

Same thing happening to me on the MF634C   reinstalled updated drivers already, same thing.  Seems like a lot of people have had this problem.  It's impossible to duplex scan without it I hope they post a permanent fix.

kmetzger99
Apprentice

I am having the same problem.  Is there any solutions?  I can't scan anything.

dc607
Apprentice

I was able to solve mine by installing the latest driver from the Canon page.  It actually wouldn't install properly so I unchecked every driver option (print, fax, etc.) and left only the scanner box checked; I figured I could print to another configured printer with another working driver if need be, and then it successfully installed the scanner driver.  Then I was able to use the scanning utility software, and scan both sides of a single page.  The ability to do so should be on the device screen anyway I don't know why it isn't.   Using the software shouldn't be a requirement to duplex scan, it should be an option but with an ability to do it without any needed additional software.

This worked for me too.. . Seems Canon still suffers from it's lack in software knowledge and testing. A good thing the hardware is great. It's strange to see you still need a seperate scanning software which is not installed default. Does anyone in Canon think this was a good idea?

kmetzger99
Apprentice

I will try it.  It is a remote office, so I have to remote in and do this when someone is there.  Thanks - hopefully this works.  I bought a new computer, so no choice in OS.  

MusicMaikel
Apprentice

Has anyone solved this issue? I'm having the same problem on a clients PC. They have a Canon i-Sensys MF742Cdw. I have installed the printer driver, but when installing the MF Scan Utility this isn't working. I'm getting the same error.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

@MusicMaikelwrote:

Has anyone solved this issue? I'm having the same problem on a clients PC. They have a Canon i-Sensys MF742Cdw. I have installed the printer driver, but when installing the MF Scan Utility this isn't working. I'm getting the same error.

@MusicMaikel

This post is over a year old and is not related to your hardware.

Please start a new thread describing your issue. It should include the model of your device, the OS (version and build) you are using it with and any other information / observations you believe is relevant.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements