cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drivers for ImageClass MF4770n

Trader86
Apprentice

I lost all drivers during reinstallation of Windows 10.  I tried downloading them again, but I still can't print (using my computer).  I kept the USB connector attached & the computer was on during downloading--did that foul things up?

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Trader86,

If the printer was connected while the drivers were not installed, it can cause an issue with the setup. 

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
  2. In the window that comes up, you can click on the option for universal serial bus controllers at the bottom.
  3. You can right click on any options for USB printing support and then select uninstall device.
  4. Once they are gone, you can disconnect the printer from the computer.
  5. Once disconnected, you can restart the setup for the imageCLASS MF4770n MFDrivers and wait for the setup to prompt the USB cable connection before connecting.

If you continue to have issues after the reinstall, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666 for further assistance.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Trader86,

If the printer was connected while the drivers were not installed, it can cause an issue with the setup. 

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
  2. In the window that comes up, you can click on the option for universal serial bus controllers at the bottom.
  3. You can right click on any options for USB printing support and then select uninstall device.
  4. Once they are gone, you can disconnect the printer from the computer.
  5. Once disconnected, you can restart the setup for the imageCLASS MF4770n MFDrivers and wait for the setup to prompt the USB cable connection before connecting.

If you continue to have issues after the reinstall, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666 for further assistance.

Before you replied, I uninstalled all Canon-related files with Revo Uninstaller software.  Then I downloaded all Canon drivers (including the patch) with the computer USB cable disconnected from the printer.  After connecting printer & computer via the USB connector, the scanner worked like a charm. This printer is actually terrific.  I find it hard to imagine that the newer products are substantially better than this model.

Announcements