cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFT-E4 II not linking to Bluetooth GPS

pjagur
Apprentice

I shoot a pair of EOS 5D MKII in a tough environment. It's either dusty or rainy but either way I use two bodies with "L" lenses to avoid having an open seal.

I recently added a WFT-E4 II to allow some mid session posting (I shoot 6 hours at a time) of facebook sized images with gps locations. I have a NEMA GPS transmitter, which I confirmed is sending by linking it to a notebook with Bluetooth.

How do I get the WFT-E4 II to communicate over Bluetooth?

The introduction diagram in the manual shows it linking but I can't figure this one out.

Best Regards,

Phil Agur

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Hi Pjagur,

We are sorry to hear that you aren't able to connect that Bluetooth GPS to the WFT-E4 II A while it's attached to the EOS 5D Mark II.  We think that there is one step that was overlooked in the process that we wanted to clarify.  In order for the Bluetooth connection to take place, you need to have the Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30 to the USB port of the WFT-E4 II A.  This is because the Wireless File Transmitter does not have Bluetooth built in, so the BU-30 is a must. 

If you already have the BU-30 in the mix, please let us know.  Otherwise, you will need to obtain one in order for the GPS to communicate over Bluetooth.  For your reference, this is explained on page 91 of the Wireless File Transmitter manual.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements