Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text wont print from Laptpop

bulldog68
Contributor

Hi can anyone help

I have a Pixma MG3650.

When I print from my PC it works perfectly, when I try to print from my laptop, it wont print text.

I am assuming the problem might be with the laptop but not sure - can anyone help to resolve this

13 REPLIES 13

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Do you print jobs from the laptop come out blank or does an error occur when the print job fails from the laptop?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi no error message - it will print everything else except text !]

If I print a word doc it will print out any images on the letter head but no text at all

It I print a spreasheet it will print the gridlines but no content

It will print a picutre without any problems

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you sure the laptop and the printer are connected? I am assuming the laptop is wifi? Can you try connecting the laptop via USB and see what happens

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi no it is connected by USB

Hi no error message - it will print everything else except text !]

If I print a word doc it will print out any images on the letter head but no text at all

It I print a spreasheet it will print the gridlines but no content

It will print a picutre without any problems

Try reinstalling the printer driver. 

Are re both computers using the same operating system?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

No Pc  is windows 7 laptop window 10  - but the printer was working without problems from the laptop, I got a low toner message then it stopped printing text.

I changed the cartridge making sure all the tape etc was off it but the laptop continued not to print text.

Hi is there anyway I may have inadvertantly set the laptop just to print images and not text.

I have had a look in the set up but cant see any options for this - but cant think of any reason why the printer will print text from my pc but the same printer will not print text from my laptop

Perhpas the ink cartridge setting got messed up. This is for my MX472 printer; maybe similar for yours.

2017-07-31 (1).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi my setting show printing in black and colour.

Just re-installed drivers it still wont print text !

Announcements