cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8520 no longer prints or scans wirelessly

jfromm
Apprentice

Setup was easy and TS8520 printed and scanned via my wireless network but stopped working.  No troubleshooting works.  Printer does not appear to connect to network.  Any advice anyone?

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What is it's IP address?

Can you PING this address?

"No troubleshooting works"

What 'troubleshooting" is that?  Steps you performed, and the results?

To provide clear advice, we need to know what you tried and what happened?

Wireless Help:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Using a MAc running OS 10.12.6. It had worked well until yesterday. Network is obviously on but printer does not appear to be on the network (Mac system preferences says that it is offline).  Tried the troubleshooting in the online guide-checking that the WiFi is on, turning printer on and off. Also tried going through the set up again including reinstalling software on Mac. Printed network configuation page says a run of the network diagnostics suggest "there is no proble".

Troubleshoot guide suggests "Turn on wireless communication on the printer."-I don't see where that is on the printer display.

Sorry for my ignorance but what does it mean to PING the address (presumably the IP address)?

Thanks

Looks like we solved the networking issue but the scanner no longer works.  The scan starts but the we get an error message saying the scan failed.  Any thoughts anyone?

JF

PS. After a little googling, we were able to solve the network issue by downloading the IJH Network Device Setup Utility.  At least now I can print.  Just not scan.

For what it is worth, I was able to scan last night.  No clear reason why it was not working and why it is now.

Jonathan

Hi jfromm.

If the TR8520 is scanning is intermittently, double-check that your computer is connected to a standard 2.4 GHz wifi connection.  The TR8520 is only capable of a 2.4 GHz connection, and most 5 GHz routers default to keeping the two types separate.

If that doesn't correct the problem, or if the computer is already on the 2.4 GHz connection, check the TR8520's wifi signal strength (tap the WiFi icon in the bottom-left of its screen and scroll down).  For scanning, we recommend at least 80% signal strength. 

If the printer is right beside the router, try moving them at least ~ 2 ft apart; too close can be as bad as too far apart.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements