cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS5020 no longer recognizes wifi.

Corinna
Contributor

I used the printer yesterday and today there is an 'X' at the wifi icon. I've done the easy connect and the manual connect (twice) with failure. It will not see the network. I have found no other way to communicate with it. Please help! I am so tired of having to constantly replace these buggy, and expensive, printers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please try the steps HERE to disable the IPV6 setting on your printer. Once that is done, restart your router and then try the manual connect option on your printer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please try the steps HERE to disable the IPV6 setting on your printer. Once that is done, restart your router and then try the manual connect option on your printer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did end up trying this solution, but using the TS9520.

Once the IPV6 setting was disabled the console immediately showed an active wifi signal and my OS was able to easily see the printer on the network.

Thank you!

normadel
Authority
Authority

Can you not just use the printer with a USB connection? How many computers need to use it? Are they near the printer? You can connect multiple computers by USB using a USB switch.

Multiple computers access the printer which sits in a room away from the living area, placed in a far corner. All of which would make that too onerous for this user.

Corinna
Contributor

Thank you for the replies. I needed to print within a short window of time before my place got taken apart by renovations. So, I binned the TS5020 and got the TR7020a which also popped out a fatal connection error with a 1-800# as the only option and that only rang and hung up. So, I've migrated to HP because I needed to print and didn't have the time to waste for the hassle. The TS5020 had printed the previous night. There were no auto updates to the printer and no OS updates on my side. I just had to move on.

We're ready to stand behind our products and resolve any connectivity issues you're running into.  When you have time, please give our PIXMA support team a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we'll get this taken care of for you.  They're open Monday through Friday from 8a to 8p ET (5a to 5p PT).

Hope to talk to you soon!

Thank you. I will be back to Pixma because I love the quality of photo output.

Announcements