cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS-9020 wireless password reset

Halemano
Apprentice

I have reviewed all previous similar posts, but I am still unable to reset my wireless password. Why is the only setting rest recommendation rest wifi? Why not rest all?

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi, Reset LAN should reset the wireless settings of the printer back to default. When you enter you wifi password directly on the printer it should not save. You can all try the reset all option. This will reset everything on the printer back to factory settings. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer

Aloha, I've tried both resets, and the results are always the same; the printer never asks for a password, it just says the password is wrong. I am never offered or asked to submit a new password. I can't find the password step. Even though it says everything was rest, obviously that is untrue.

Scorpion21
Contributor

This is INSANE i am trying to do the same thing and having the same issue losing my mind over here. Why would they make it so HARD to change a freakin wifi password its unimaginable to me.  I have Mx340 i have reset the lan setting reset the printer setting, i even looked up how to hard reset the printer and hard reset it and STILL it remembers my wifi and goes automatically to connecting without giving me a chance to enter the new password. I have looked all over their website and there are so many people complaining about this even dating back 5-6 years ago  here we are in 2022 and its still an issue. 

I am sorry if my frustration is showing through this post but my mind cant even comprehend how such a big company is having so many issues with such a simple thing as changing the wifi password to a network. UNREAL.

Scorpion21
Contributor

I was able to connect my printer using WPS setting. Check to see if your modem has a button to press on the back where it lets devices connect to it automatically . I was lucky my modem/wireless router had  that so i clicked on that and then went to printer and from lan settings selected WPS setting and it was able to connect that way. Good Luck

Aloha Scorpion,

I was wary of using WPS because all my internet devices are Apple, but the printer is Canon so I pushed the WPS button. Never got to the point of checking the printer settings because all my internet devices went off line and it took me an hour to get things sorted out. Had to reset the router, and then my Firefox browser helped me navigate to the router settings, which I restored to the original name and password, which the printer then recognized. That means the printer had the correct password all along, which is still baffling.

Announcements