cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 wireless network setup - failed [SOLVED]

MLF1
Apprentice

While installing my new TR8520 printer using the downloaded Windows 10 setup package, the network connection failed.  The process reported something like, "This printer does not support 5G wi-fi.  Please connect to a 2.4G wi-fi network."

My Norton Core router enables me to use the same SSID for the 2.4G and 5G wireless networks.  Apparently, the downloaded setup package could not choose the 2.4G wi-fi.  All of our devices are on this SSID, and putting this printer on a different SSID would make it inaccessible to our other devices.

I almost disassembled the printer to return it to the store.  Instead, I used the on-printer screen commands for the wi-fi setup.  The printer itself easily connected to the same SSID as above, presumably the 2.4G connection (assuming the downloaded setup package was correct that this printer only support 2.4G).  Our devices print to it across wi-fi with no problems.

Canon USA should update the Windows 10 installation package to correctly handle this situation.

2 REPLIES 2

Kgreenan
Apprentice

How did you solve this? The printer shows online at the printer terminal but offline at my laptop. How do I fix this???? Desperate!!! Thanks, kevin

Once I set up the printer as described, it showed up as online on both of our computers.  Perhaps we had to delete and re-add it under Devices and Printers - I don't recall.

Announcements