cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starlink issue

annieme
Apprentice

Just got Starlink internet. Changed settings in printer to Starlink. Tried printing and it takes a long time for the print job to go to the printer. Once it even timed out. Did not have that issue with my old internet provider. How do I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your internet provider does not have any impact on printing.  You are printing from your computer to a local device.  You do not need internet connectivity to print.  If your StarLink were to be down due to weather for example, you could still print.

For us to try and help, we will need to know the following:

The model of your printer?

The OS you are using it with (version and build)?

What is the printer connected to and how?

I've been waiting for StarLink for over 2 years.  I want to use it on our boat.  We've used Wi-Line in the past, but the tower we are pointing to has been taken over by several TV and radio stations whose signals have degraded the ISP's Wi-Fi broadcast to dismal performance.  If you answer the questions above, I'm sure we can provide some pointers.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Not sure what the issue was but it is working fine now. Thanks.

My printer is setup for wifi so I can print wirelessly. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. When it doesn't work, I get the message that the printer is off line. If I turn the printer off and then back on it works. Now I just tried to scan something wirelessly and it did not work. Kept getting error messages. I finally had to use a USB drive to scan the document to the USB drive and then connect to my laptop. Would updating the drivers help?

Announcements