cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconnecting MP620 to Wifi

plabaste
Contributor

I upgraded the router and the printer does not seem to recognize the new WiFi network. How can I reconfigure it?

PatrickL
11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

From your printers support page:

Windows

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi plabaste,

Just wanted to check in and see if your were able to get the printer reconnected. If you were able to, please click the Accept as Solution button in shawdowsports reply post so that others may find the answer as well.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Nope

PatrickL

Hi plabaste,

What version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer? Also do you still have the usb cord that came with the printer?

We look forward to your reply.

Hi,

Windows 10.

Unfortunately not.

PatrickL

Hi plabaste,

If your router has a WPS button ( would say wps, has an icon of curved arrows or an icon of a lock) then please click HERE for steps to connect the printer via the WPS method.

If your router does not have a WPS button, you would need to get a printer usb cord(A to B usb) cord and use that to during the install to connect the printer to your network.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi ArthurJ,

Thank you for your advice.

The router does have a WPS button.I followed the step-by-step procedure as indicated and aftre a couple of unsuccessful attemps I saw the message procedure completed successfully on the printer. The bad bnews is that when I try to print I still get the Error message: Printer not responding.

PatrickL

Hi plabaste,

I would get the network setting on the printer. Please click HERE for steps on checking the Wireless LAN setting list.

Once you are able to see the settings, please let me know what the connection and signal strength is. I would also make sure the SSID matches the network your computer is connected to.

We look forward to your reply.

Hi ArthurJ - I checked the Wireless LAN Setting List as recommended. It shows that the connection is Active and displays as SSID the computer's network name. However it still impossible to print. It doesn't show any information on signal strength. 

PatrickL
Announcements