cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconfiguring wifi setting on ip8720

FLAlleycat
Contributor

I've been looking online for over an hour for instructions.  Glad to find this site!

Without realizing it, I set up my printer using a VPN internet connection.  Printer worked wirelessly great...until I logged off the VPN.   Anyway, the blue internet light is on constantly but I can't print anything from my laptop.  (I even tried to print using USB but even then it would not work.)  I'm assuming the printer is still trying to use the VPN isp. How can I reconfigure it to work on home isp?  If I uninstall the printer and reinstall, I'm afraid it will still bring up the VPN network.  Does anyone know if it will?  Or if that would even work?  Or how to reconfigure the printer to work on my usual network?

I'm 76 and not too computer literate.  Meaning...I need really simple instructions without too many technical words.

Thanks to anyone/all who can help!!

Alley

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See if this helps:

Support | iP Series | PIXMA iP8720 | Canon USA

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for your response and the link!

I followed the instructions on the link for reestablishing connection after network change; however, at step 13, a message that stayed on for about half a second said there was no CD rom.  Everything was going perfect until then.  There IS a CD rom and it IS for this printer.  After all, it opened for me to do everything up to this step.  Now the printer is on and the blue light flashes twice about every 2 seconds.  Frustrating as heck!  If you've any more suggestions, I would certainly appreciate them!!  If not, thank you anyway for responding!

Alley

I don't have anymore suggestions other than to give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I went back and started process again.  I saw an online Canon site instructions referred me to if I could not set up connection using CD.  That worked!!  Yay.  Thank you sooooo much!  I swear I googled a site like that for at least an your yesterday.  Can't thank you enough!

Announcements