cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Print and Layout is downloaded, but will not open up

Cylebrate
Contributor

I just hooked up my Pro 4100 printer and have a good router connection. Downloaded the driver and Professional Print and Layout. My Professional Print and Layout software will not open up. I have tried to delete and then download this software several times and the software would not open up. I even did a system restore and reloaded the driver and the Print and Layout software again and it still would not open up. It appears in my program files under Canon utilities....but nothing.

Any suggestions from anyone else would be appreciated. Is the Professional Print and Layout software in the DVD that came?

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome. What operating system are you using? I was able to install on both my W10 and macOS 13 computers. Program executes, but it turns out my printer isn't supported so it closes when it can't find a registered printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you jrhoffman75 for replying back.

I use Windows 10. I downloaded all the software from Canon.... for my Pro 4100 printer and all open fine except for Professional Print and Layout. Computer recognizes all the other software. Even my old version of Photoshop (CS3) recognizes my printer. Oh well...maybe it is not supported anymore....but It appears the Professional Print and Layout software would be something I would use the most for what I am doing if only I could open it up.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In that case register your product on the Canon support site (if you haven't already done so) and submit a support request.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you. I will do that. Much appreciated for the advice!

Tony-Foto
Apprentice

I have been frustrated with the same issue. A stopgap method has been to copy the app from my laptop to a USB memory to open the program on the PC - not ideal, but until I find the cause, better than nothing.

Have you had any success in resolving your issue?

Tony 

mvw
Apprentice

This is so frustrating. It's working on the Windows 11 desktop, but I can't for the life of me get it to work on my Windows 11 laptop- which is my primary use computer. I've done all the uninstall, reinstall, restart, update computer hooplah and nothing. I tried Tony-Foto's suggestion using my external hard drive and a regular USB stick and that's not working either. I went to submit a support request and now I can't find that on the support website either haha Very successful night over here! 😜

Announcements