cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Print & Layout can't find PIXMA PRO-10

CustomerJames
Apprentice

I just learned about this app a few weeks ago.  Until then I had been using the Print Studio Pro plug-in but it only works when running in "Rosetta" mode.  However, when I try to use PP&L - either as a standalone app or via a plug-in (again, via "Rosetta" mode) it asks to locate a printer.  I click on the button to find one - the one printer (a Canon Pixma Pro-10) which I have connected via a USB cable - but it does not show up, and then the app says that since there is no printer it will close, and it does.

I have also tried to connect the printer via WiFi but still no luck (I can print from other apps, but PP&L can't find it).

My actual question is this: has anyone used Epson's printers and software, and is their software any better?  My clients don't care which printer I use, so if Epson's software actually works then instead of upgrading to a Pro-1000 I'll give Epson a try.  I'm tired of being frustrated by second-rate software.  I don't have time any more.

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

PP&L is not compatible with the Pro-10.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the info.  I must have missed seeing that in the documentation/specs.  At least now I know to not keep trying to make it work 🙂 

Announcements