cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Installation Without CD

HugBug2023
Apprentice

I bought the Canon printer and scanner, I do not have a CD driver to be able to use the installation disk,  when I install it manually it says driver is missing.  

Windows 11 

5 REPLIES 5

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system on your computer, along with any other information you think might help the Community help you! 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

Operating system64 bit, x64 based processor 

windows 11 running in a mode 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings and welcome to the forum,

You do not need a CD drive to install the printer, drivers can be downloaded from the Canon support portal directly to your computer 

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mg2522#idReference%3Dsoftware-drivers

Just select your OS if not automatically detected.

I noticed above you typed windows 11 in a mode.

If this was a typo and you meant S mode, please let us know.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes it was suppose to have said S mode 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks for clarifying.  Windows S mode is an optional variant used to describe a locked down version of windows.  When this "feature" is enabled, it sometimes limits what you can install.  Its both a blessing and a curse in that it affords a ultra high level of security, by precluding what can be installed while the mode is enabled.

Us the link I provided above.  If you run into problems, see this link for disabling S Mode.  

Switching out of S mode in Windows - Microsoft Support

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements