cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Print & Layout NOT working; not importing any files

Rgreengo
Contributor

I bought a Canon Pixma Pro 200; I do not use Adobe Photoshop, but I understood this program to be able to be used as a stand-alone software. It recognized my printer but will not import any of my artwork files. I would like to print TIFF files to preserve all my colors, etc. but this PP&L isn't working- Is there a file size limit that's causing the problem? It kinda sucks to print from a standard application with such a great printer, and I was really hoping this would help me with my print reproductions. Especially layouts!

Any help or advice is appreciated, bummed...

7 REPLIES 7

Rgreengo
Contributor

Seriously. Nothing here. No help? THX

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you trying to print a flattened TIFF. I have seen threads elsewhere that Canon DPP won't recognize certain TIFF files because they aren't flattened.

DPP4 displays "Cannot Import Image" for some .tif ... - Canon Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for asking; it is a flattened TIFF, about 82MB. I've been researching "qimage ultimate" now. Pretty depressing since I just spent a ton on this printer.

Consider Qimage One instead. From Binartem Software.More like PSP and PP&L. QI Ultimate is more of an image processor and printing aid.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I liked the advantages of ultimate so far, but I'm looking more at your suggestion...
I'm printing digital art (and some traditional) and I'm looking for easy of handling of profiles and image layout. Soft proofing is nice too. I don't print much photography but I plan to. Maybe I don't need ultimate, it seems I've missed the sale anyway. Lol. I still can't believe there isn't a way to get PP&L to work for me. I don't wish to turn my beautiful artwork into XL jpegs just to use it. Do you use Q1 with your Pixma PRO-100? I bought the Pro-200. Also 😉 Q1 is standalone, right? I don't use adobe. I'm sure I'll find the answer to that as I go research Q1 again. Thanks for your response

I use Ultimate because I started with Qimage when it first came out. Never used the processing features and stick with QiU because it’s cheaper than dropping and going to One. Starting fresh today I would go with One.
Have you tried smaller TIFFs?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for the insight! I am being a bit of a file hog 😉 since upgrading all my devices in my studio and finally ready to share my work on my own terms...I may need to curb that.

Take care, thx again

Announcements