cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 Not Communicating - Solved

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I initially posted the message below in the "Professional Printers" Forum, but I think it belongs here, though.  I was running Windows 7 and a Netgear wireless router, which is several years old.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had a recent issue with wireless printing to the Pro-100 on my local LAN.  When I first set it up, it worked flawlessly.  Over time it began to get erratic.  Sometimes I would get a "not communicating" error, despite the fact that I can see it on my network, and the IP address that it has been assigned. 

I found the solution to my problem was with the router's Access Control List, which is a list of MAC address that are authorized to wireless connect to my access point.  BTW, if you have this feature on your LAN, then you have to disable this feature when you first connect a new device to your network.

As I said, the printer slowly changed from printing everything, to printing once in a while, to printing after I recycle power, and then finally not printing at all.  The fix has been to disable Access Control List.  It doesn't make sense for this change to "fix" the problem, but so far it has.  Hope this helps, someone.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements