cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro will not not install

dclark
Contributor

I am running the latest versions of Lightroom Classic (ver 11.3.1) and PhotoShop (ver. 23.3.1).  I am running the latest version of Wiondows 10 64 bit.  Print Studio Pro no longer appears as a plug-in in either program.  I downloaded the latest version of PSP (ver 2.2.3) and installed it.  It still does not appear in either LR or PS.  I went to the Start menu to Canon Utilities and ran the PSP plug-in installer. I get the following error message:

dclark_0-1652124167899.png

Also I cannot find the stand-alone version of PSP.

How do I get PSP installed??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is no standalone version of PSP. Only works as a plug-in. 

Press Next and follow these instructions:

Canon Knowledge Base - How to install Print Studio Pro - or if Print Studio Pro Not Showing After In...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is no standalone version of PSP. Only works as a plug-in. 

Press Next and follow these instructions:

Canon Knowledge Base - How to install Print Studio Pro - or if Print Studio Pro Not Showing After In...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,  I followed the instructions and was able to get Print Studio Pro to load properly as a Plugin for both Lightroom Classic and Photoshop.  I did have to specify the folder for plugins since the installation process did not seem to get it right. 

I tried the same process to install Professional Print and Layout.  Again I had to specify the folder location for plugins, but it did properly install the Plugin in Photoshop.  Lightroom Classic shows the PPL plugin in the list of available plugins, but when it is selected it appears to start (the progress bar moves across quickly) but the plugin does not actually start.  Strangely, if PPL is already running (started by Photoshop), LRC generates an error message saying it is already running. Consequently I am not able to run PPL as a plugin for LRC.  Is there a way to get that to work?

Is there a discussion of the merits of PSP and PPL?  Why does Canon have both?  Advantages and disadvantages of each?

Thanks for your help.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

My printer won’t work with PP&L, so I can’t help with anything about it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements