cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stockphotos actually too dark?

Tydfhbui-
Apprentice

I play with the levels in photoshop and set it a tad too bright. So the printed result tooks more like what I see in on screen before I set the levels a bit too bright. Many suggest this is because monitors are set too bright. But this confuses me. Does this mean all professional stockphotos that look good in brightness on my monitor. Are in reality too dark? 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your results will largely depend on multiple components in your workflow.  This starts with your camera and the images you are capturing.  Then the following: correct monitor calibration, color profiles and using correct printer settings for thr type of paper you have selected.

What is a "stockphoto"?  Is this a unprocessed RAW or jpeg file?  Are your displays using the same color profile as your camera?  

If your monitors aren't calibrated, it wil be nearly impossible for you to achieve consistent results when printing.  

If you want to provide more information about your hardware, camera, monitor(s), printer, etc. we can offer a little more info.  Again however, all aspects of your workflow need to be evaluated and considered.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements