cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro Not Working on Mac

danielemolineri
Apprentice

Hello everyone, I have a problem and maybe someone of you can help me to resolve it. I have a new MacBook Pro M1 Max with Mac OSX Ventura installed and the printer Pixma PRO-1. I know is not a recent printer but it still working really good and since I'm not a professional printer I don't want to change it. The problem is the software because Print studio pro doesn't work on OSX Ventura (a message "An error occurred while printing.Memory may be insufficient for printing" appear while I'm trying to print) and Canon Professional Print and Layout does not recognize the printer. At the moment the only option I have is to print directly from photoshop but I have some issue with the profiles. 

Does anyone of you have a solution?

Thank you in advance. Daniele

15 REPLIES 15

martinwolfy
Apprentice

Hi

This is a known problem and has been around since Ventura was released last year, it happens to be when using Lightroom. No fix as yet from either canon or apple. Luckily I brought a new Mac in January which had Monterey loaded so I am using that and print studio pro still works 

I wouldn’t hold your breath for a fix I’m afraid canon usually take a fair amount of time even if they do get round to fixing it.

Chrisonli
Apprentice

Found the solution and it works. 2.2.6 is available on the Europe site...smh... Here is the link. I have the Pixma pro-100 and this supported.... Enjoy These are the supported models:

Applicable Models

• PIXMA PRO-1
  • PIXMA PRO-10
  • PIXMA PRO-100
  • PIXMA PRO-100S

Thank you, it seems it works, I'll try in the next days. From Lightroom nothing changed, but in photoshop isn't working as usual in the "automate" tab. Does anyone knows how to print from photoshop?

Thank you so much

Daniele

brintprints
Apprentice

I had hoped someone would've responded to the lack of compatibility with Photoshop 2023 and Print Studio Pro 2.2.6 now that is available in the US. I am going on 5 months where my Pixma Pro-10 gathers dust due to this issue.

There is a post on DPReview where OP says it works (shows up in Automate).

It does not show up in Automate for me. Properly installed in the Plugin folder for Photoshop.

The OP didn't state what OS. I am on macOS 13.3.1, M2 MacBook Air.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

HMW
Contributor

Canon PSP works on my Mac Pro (Intel chip) running Ventura.  It does not work on my Mac Book Pro (Apple chip). I am going to try the PSP download from the European site suggested and see if that works.

@HMW wrote:

Canon PSP works on my Mac Pro (Intel chip) running Ventura.  It does not work on my Mac Book Pro (Apple chip). I am going to try the PSP download from the European site suggested and see if that works.

Lightroom or Photoshop host?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Photoshop v14.4.1

That means you are running Ps using Rosetta? Maybe that’s the issue; that seems to be the difference between the two cases. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements