cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro Not Working on Mac

danielemolineri
Apprentice

Hello everyone, I have a problem and maybe someone of you can help me to resolve it. I have a new MacBook Pro M1 Max with Mac OSX Ventura installed and the printer Pixma PRO-1. I know is not a recent printer but it still working really good and since I'm not a professional printer I don't want to change it. The problem is the software because Print studio pro doesn't work on OSX Ventura (a message "An error occurred while printing.Memory may be insufficient for printing" appear while I'm trying to print) and Canon Professional Print and Layout does not recognize the printer. At the moment the only option I have is to print directly from photoshop but I have some issue with the profiles. 

Does anyone of you have a solution?

Thank you in advance. Daniele

15 REPLIES 15

I am not running Rosetta on my Intel Mac Pro.

Correct. And you stated that PSP is working properly on your Intel Mac and not working properly on your Apple Silicon Mac running Rosetta. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

I too have unresolved issues around Ventura and PS 2023 and Print Studio Pro. It seems that some have it working, like Jrhoffman, but it seems that many if not most people are having issues. Mine too are unresolved. I have seen a half dozen posts now in recent threads about PSP not working on Mac M1 and M2 chips with Ventura, so you're not alone and to the best of my knowledge Canon doesn't have an answer. 

HMW
Contributor

There is a solution that worked for me.  It Was to download a newer version of PSP - from either the Canadian or European Canon web site (I forget which one...). That version is newer than the one on the Canon USA web site.

I downloaded 2.2.6 from the Canadian website and it didn't work for me. 

Sorry to hear that, it does work for me.  The more people that contact Canon Support perhaps the sooner there will be a solid fix

Announcements