cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro Favorites settings fail to load

drgball
Contributor

I've been having trouble with PPP not reading saved favorite settings. I have no problem using PPP to print to my Pro 10 printer but it is very annoying that I can't choose a favorite setting for paper, headings, etc.  These settings are just XML text files which are created by the software and therefore should be easily read and the setting created in PPP.

I am running the following OS and software versions:

Mac OS X Mojave

DPP4 Version 4.10.0.0

I have tried deleteing all of the files (including in the application support within the libray) and reinstalling the software.

The favorites might work once and then fail to load the next time. Creating a new favorite might work as long as I don't leave PPP.

The only favorites that seem to work are selecting US Letter.  If I set a favorite using A3+ it might work as long as I don't exit PPP.  If I exit and re-enter, that favorite will fail to load but the letter version work fine.

Any suggestions?  Anyone else seen this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Verify in System Preferences->Security that you have enabled full disk access for PSP.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

drgball
Contributor

Follow up to the problem description.  I just quit from DPP4 and came back into the program and the favorites that had previously been working now fail to load.  This is an obvious programming error since an XML file is simply formatted text and can be easily parsed.  The XML format is extremely basic and doesn't seem to have an associated schema.  Very poor programming style.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I am also running the following OS and software versions:

Mac OS X Mojave

DPP4 Version 4.10.0.0

PSP 2.2.3

I created three test settings with different paper types.  Exited PSP. Rentered PSP - all three settings showed.

Exited PSP and DPP. Restarted DPP and entered PSP - all three settings showed.

Tried same on my Windows 10 machine - same sucessful results.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the annoying issues that is problematic to diagnose.  As I said in my post, I've looked at the XML files and when I was running a software engineering company, I would have been questioning the programmer from what I've seen.

So it seems that we both are running current operating system and DDP4/PSP versions.  The only thing I see that is

different is my printer is a Pro-10. Do you use PSP directly in DPP4 to print.  It seems from your description that your are likely a photoshop / lightroom user.

Thanks for taking the time to check out the problem on your side.  

Hi. Yes, I do have a Pro-100 and my primary workflow is using Lightroom. But, I have printed from PSP using Lightroom and DPP when I was running tests to see if PSP did anything special. That was not with the current version of any of the products though. 

This is forum has many postings where one person has seemingly the same configuration as others and yet some work and some don’t. 

Its worth a call to Canon to see if they have any thoughts on the matter. 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Robotek
Apprentice

Hello,

I think Im having the same issue and it seems there are not many people having this problem. For me, it started many MacOS updates ago. The PSP will open with default presets for paper, profile, print style and color adjustments. Even when I save my own parameters, the PSP will print that one time, but next time i open it, it will go back to defaults and will show error if i try to apply saved paramenters. Now, that I got new M1 Mac, I want to address this issue for once. I tried to uninstall/reinstall/delete/copy/paste/etc.. to no avail. Any advice us greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Update: I called OK-CANON and they havent heard about this problem.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Verify in System Preferences->Security that you have enabled full disk access for PSP.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Many-many-many thanks! it works!!!!!! Youre awesome!!!!

Since my original post I upgraded me printer to an Imageprograf 2100 and switched to using Canon's PPL software.  My workflow uses Capture One 21 for my postprocessing work and exporting a 16bit TIFF image for printing.  My print process is to use DDP4 with PPL to control the printing.  This works very nicely and will work with the newer Canon printers such as the Pro-1000.  I never did figure out the problem with Print Studio but since the change over to PPL in DDP4 things run great and I'm getting beautiful prints from the 2100.

Glad you got your problem solved using upgrade route. Maybe when I grow up, Ill upgrade, too. lol

Cheers.

Announcements