cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP7220 won't connect to wifi after power failure

TeacherCreature
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma iP 7220 inkjet printer in my classroom. I had it connected to the school's wifi and it's always worked well for me. Last weekend the school suffered a power failure during a storm and required major repairs to the electrical system. When I came back to school I turned the printer back on and it worked okay for a little while, but when I tried to print some 4x6 photos, it stopped printing partway through the first one and now it won't print photos at all. When I opened the print queue, I found a message saying that the printer was not responding.

I tried reinstalling the printer driver, then completely uninstalling and reinstalling the printer, but it can't be located via the wifi. My computer can detect the printer via usb cable, but I need to be able to print wirelessly. Does anyone have any ideas for something I've overlooked?

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You could try unplugging the printer then powering it on to try and drain any stored power. Then plug back in and try again. If that doesn't work it's possible that the power surge damaged the printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements