cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 10 - can't find on network

weimfamily
Apprentice

I had my Pixma Pro 10 set up for wireless printing from my Mac. Over the course of some eero updates, I can no longer see it on the network. It powers on, I can get the wifi into pairing mode. I have tried hooking it up to my eero via ethernet. I've tried connecting to my laptop via USB. No luck... any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I suggest you remove the printer in System Preferences->Printers & Scanners. Then plug in USB and turn on printer. Select the "+" add icon and wait for the Canon IJ Series version of the printer to appear.

I don't know anything about mesh Wi-Fi but I have seen postings where the printer Wi-Fi doesn't play well with eero.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks. I did remove it and when I hit the "+" it still doesn't find it. But I will try again (can't hurt). Thanks for the reply.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try downloading and reinstalling the Canon driver. That frequently straightens things out.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

sabuck0
Apprentice

I have the same issue. I changed out my Spectrum/Asus home wired and wifi network with Eero 6+ mesh network. I can plug my Canon Pro-10 onto the network via a ethernet switch and "see" it on the Eero home network with it's assigned ip (you must enable the lan function on the Pro-10). If I disable the lan function and make it a wireless connection, it connects, but the Eero does not list it as a connected device. Weird. I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Announcements