cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IP8720 Can't Be Detected

jhmills3
Apprentice

I recently bought a Pixma ip8720 and have tried for 3 days now to get it to work wirelessly without any success. It works fine when connected via USB, but just will not connect via wifi.

When I print the network config page it shows that it's connected to the network and when I use WPS my router says the device has successfully been added, but when I scan for printers nothing ever shows up. When I use the Canon installer it gets all the way to the connect to network screen, searches for 1-2 minutes, then says it cannot detect the printer. I've even tried manually added it, but no luck so far. I have tried installing it both cordlessly and while connected via USB and the exact same thing happens.

I'm starting to think there is some sort of network security issue. I even disabled my firewall in Windows to see if that helped, but it didn't.

Help...?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jhmills3,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

richbutler1
Apprentice
Take a look at my recent post. Had some wifi setup issues too. Was due to 2.4ghz needed to connect, but my laptop was on 5ghz network. Had to force it onto my guest wireless network to get it to 2.4ghz, then it was detected. Maybe your issue is similar. Hope it helps
Announcements