10-02-2013 10:18 AM
Hello! We have successfully completed the installation of our Pixma Software (from the disk).
1. I have used the IJ Network tool to detect the printer wirelessly.
2. It successfully detects the Canon MG3200 series (Type: Canon, Connected to: LAN)
3. I click the printer from the menu, then select "Configuration"
4. The configuration window opens and lists the name of the network (which is correct), and lists the detaisl of my network. When I select "Configuration", the password is correctly entered.
5. When I press "OK", a window opens asking "Send the modified settings to the printer? To start transmission, click "ok". To return to the...etc". I click "OK"
6. No other messages pop up. Everything seems to have worked in transmitting - but I am guessing.
7. The printers Wireless lamp is lit. I have tried deactivating the lamp and reactivating the lamp.
8. When I go into System Preferences and select "printers and scanners", the printer is listed, but is "offline". Obvilously, when I connect the USB, it recognizes the printer as "online", but I cannot get this to connect wirelessly at all. When I attempt to print, the system tells me the "printer is not connected"
I am using a MAC.
10-06-2013 02:49 PM
Please try the following adjustment to see if we can resolve your issue:
1. Click the Apple and choose 'System Preferences'.
2. Open the 'Print and Fax' menu.
3. Highlight and delete any copies of the Canon Printer listed on the left by clicking the minus (-) sign.
4. Click the plus (+) sign.
5. Click 'Default' on the upper left corner. Wait a few moments, then highlight the Network version of the printer (with a set of numbers, or 'canonijnetwork' in parentheses).
6. Click 'Add' on the bottom right corner when it becomes available.
6-1. If using OS 10.4 or 10.5, select 'More Printers' on the upper right or bottom right corner.
6-2. Make sure 'Canon IJ Network' is selected in the top drop down menu.
6-3. Highlight the printer when it appears and click 'Add'.
The setup should be complete. Try printing to test the unit.
If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS R6 Mark II - Version 1.1.2
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS Rebel T100 - Version 1.1.0
EOS 5D Mark IV - Version 1.4.0
EOS 6D Mark II - Version 1.2.0
PowerShot Elph 360HS - Version 184.108.40.206
PowerShot SX420 IS - Version 220.127.116.11
PowerShot 620 HS - Version 18.104.22.168
PowerShot SX720 HS - Version 22.214.171.124
PowerShot G1X Mark III - Version 126.96.36.199
PowerShot G7X Mark II - Version 188.8.131.52
PowerShot G9X Mark II - Version 184.108.40.206
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS 1DX Mark III- Version 1.7.1
Speedlite EL-1 - Version 1.0.2
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EF50 F1.2 L USM
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EOS R10
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.