Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRINTER DRIVER CANON PIXMA MG3022 Compatible w/HP CHROMEBOOK CHROME OS

MIKISABIN61
Apprentice

Product: HP Chromebook - 14-Ca052wm

Operating System: Chrome OS

I have a Canon Prxma MG 3022 printer I have been running on Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion x360 it has wireless capabilities i.e Bluetooth. I inadvertently purchased the Chromebook while I am waiting for the repair of my 1 yr old HP Pavilion x360. Anyway I only was looking for a Notebook with Bluetooth and wireless printing capabilities not tactically realizing they're 2 seperate OS's. Windows 10 vs Chrome OS. 

My question is this....Is there any type of like universal software that will allow me to use my Canon Pixma MG 3022 series printer with my HP Chromebook? I guess I am wondering as with Television Remotes there are General Universal remotes that can be compatible with at 90% of the televisions nationwide.

Does anyone fully understand or compute what my question at hand is. I would word it like this "Is there a Universal Software/Hardware/Drivers that will make my Canon Printer compatible with the HP Chromebook with the Chrome OS programing?" 

If my question can be answered with promising results please help me I am tell me what you know or believe you think could resolve and rescue me from my dilemma please address the answers to me ASAP and save me the $50 on top of my pavilion repair charges would be a blessing.

Thank You ALL KIndly,

Mickie Sabin

[Mod note: Personal information removed per Forum Guidelines and font changed to a normal size/color]

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during normal business hours, or visit our support site for self-help options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Your printer might have Google Cloud Print. If so, it might work with your ChromeBook.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/PTL/ptl-setup.html?lng=en&type=setup&area=us&mdl=MG302...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Greetings,

Also important to note that Cloud Print is going to be EOL 12/31/2020. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements