cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3451 Not possible to have [PHOTO] as default setting instead of [DOCUMENT]?

LJ4
Apprentice

Hello Community,

Have the Canon PIXMA TS3451 all-in-one printer and scanner. 
Software: Canon inkjet smart connect.

When using the scanner, I only scan photos. Never documents. And want to always output in JPG, NOT PDF. 
The "Original Type" in the software is set by default to: [DOCUMENT]. 
But I need the default of 'Orignal Type' set to [PHOTO].

Because if I want to scan 20 photos, I need to change that setting 20x. Because after each scan, it resets to DOCUMENT. Annoying. And if you accidentally forget to change it each time, you have all photos in PDF format. 

Is it possible to always have scan [PHOTO] as default? If yes, where?!?!
canon.png

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Not sure what OS you are using, except some version of windows.  Try opening the IJ Scan Utility, select Custom Scan and modify the default settings.  This should allow you scan with the same settings repetitively.  

Ignore the Red highlight on this image.  Use for reference:

shadowsports_0-1673185840715.png

Once the defaults have been modified, you should be able to use the Custom button on the quick scan menu to perform repetitive tasks.

shadowsports_1-1673185988683.png

For reference:

TS3400 series Online Manual (c-wss.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for you reply. 
Am using Windows11.

Am seeing in IJ Scan all possibilities to change defaults, except having 'Photo' as default instead of 'Document'. 

Announcements