01-10-2023 08:00 PM - last edited on 01-11-2023 08:46 AM by Danny
In November I installed a new PIXMA TR8620a printer into our home's WIFI network, on which 2 of us are using Windows 10 PCs. I downloaded several Canon apps to use with the printer, including Easy-Layout Editor. But when I open the latter package and choose one of its modules, I immediately get this error message: "Cannot find an available printer." This is despite this printer working just fine in all other apps with which we've tried it; the new printer also appears as normal among the installed devices when we open the Windows Settings app. What might be the solution?
01-16-2023 01:07 PM
Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon TR8600 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all TR8600's are removed.
5. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
6. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
7. Click once on "Canon TR8600 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
9. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Download button to the right of "TR8600 series MP Driver Ver.1.03 (Windows)". You may have to click the "Load More" button to locate this file.
3. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
4. Double click "md__-win-tr8600_tr8630-1_03-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.
5. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print using Easy-Layout Editor.
03/02/2023: New Firmware Updates Are Available:EOS R7 - Version 1.3.0EOS R10 - Version 1.3.0
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.