01-10-2023 08:00 PM - last edited on 01-11-2023 08:46 AM by Danny
In November I installed a new PIXMA TR8620a printer into our home's WIFI network, on which 2 of us are using Windows 10 PCs. I downloaded several Canon apps to use with the printer, including Easy-Layout Editor. But when I open the latter package and choose one of its modules, I immediately get this error message: "Cannot find an available printer." This is despite this printer working just fine in all other apps with which we've tried it; the new printer also appears as normal among the installed devices when we open the Windows Settings app. What might be the solution?
01-16-2023 01:07 PM
Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon TR8600 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all TR8600's are removed.
5. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
6. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
7. Click once on "Canon TR8600 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
9. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Download button to the right of "TR8600 series MP Driver Ver.1.03 (Windows)". You may have to click the "Load More" button to locate this file.
3. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
4. Double click "md__-win-tr8600_tr8630-1_03-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.
5. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print using Easy-Layout Editor.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS R6 Mark II - Version 1.1.2
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS Rebel T100 - Version 1.1.0
EOS 5D Mark IV - Version 1.4.0
EOS 6D Mark II - Version 1.2.0
PowerShot Elph 360HS - Version 126.96.36.199
PowerShot SX420 IS - Version 188.8.131.52
PowerShot 620 HS - Version 184.108.40.206
PowerShot SX720 HS - Version 220.127.116.11
PowerShot G1X Mark III - Version 18.104.22.168
PowerShot G7X Mark II - Version 22.214.171.124
PowerShot G9X Mark II - Version 126.96.36.199
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS 1DX Mark III- Version 1.7.1
Speedlite EL-1 - Version 1.0.2
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EF50 F1.2 L USM
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EOS R10
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.