cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520 Wi-Fi issues after update

Janlyo
Apprentice

Recently my printer listed an available update.  I went ahead and installed it.  Now, I'm having issues connecting via WIFI.  My WIFI is working properly.  All my other devices connect without issues, so it's not a router/modem issue.

And it only started after applying this new update.  I've had to connect via USB to be able to use the printer. But cannot use it now with my phone/tablet.  

Interestingly, when I go to the wireless LAN setup it shows my wifi SSID but it doesn't show the IPv4/IPv6 info. What issues did this update try to resolve that are causing more issues now?  does anyone have any similar issues now?

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please use the steps HERE try using the manual connect method to reconnect the printer. Once the printer reconnects, the router should assign the printer an IP address since it was missing when you checked the network settings of the printer. 

Once you reconnect the printer, click HERE for the steps to print the network settings page. Check row 3-2-11 to make sure it shows enabled and 3-2-12 has a IP address listed. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well. 

No.  It doesn't work.  I've tried various times without success.  My router is working properly and all my other devices connects without issues.

Janlyo
Apprentice

I tried the manual setup.  It refuses to accept the passphrase  I've entered it slowly many times.  It just doesn't want to connect via WIFI.  Yesterday it connected for a minute and then it disconnected again.  Today it won't connect at all.  I don't have any issues with other devices connecting with my router.  This started after applying a recent update that the printer showed was available.  Before this update it was working fine.

Hi,

I recommend reaching out to Canon support for real time support with this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Announcements