cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Won't Connect to New Router

KathrynL
Apprentice

I own a Pixma MX922. I cannot connect the printer to the new router. I have tried all the help topics but nothing has worked. The printer seems to recognize the router because the router name comes up in the readout.I select the router by name by the error message says "Failed to connect to the access point". I've rebooted the router and printer and tried uninstalling and reinstalling printer driver/software but it still won't connect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Arthur. I have called my cable company but they are not interested in helping me. I finally found the hard wire cord and hooked it directly to my computer. It's a good work around for now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If the printer detects the router but does not prompt you to enter the wifi password, I would check with your internet provider to see if your router has WPA 3 enabled. If you, have them disable WPA 3 and enable WPA2 and then you can enter the wifi password on the printer. Once that is done, you can enable WPA3 and the printer should still be detected. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, Arthur. I have called my cable company but they are not interested in helping me. I finally found the hard wire cord and hooked it directly to my computer. It's a good work around for now.

wowillingham
Apprentice

Called my provider who enabled the 2.4G. Still doesn’t connect

@wowillingham wrote:

Called my provider who enabled the 2.4G. Still doesn’t connect

Greetings,

If a dual or tri-band router is using the same SSID name for all broadcasts, a single band wireless device (like a printer) might have issues negotiating the connection.  Giving each broadcast a unique name can help.  The "band-steering" on ISP issued and consumer grade hardware isn't always stellar.  There might be another cause, but I'd try to rule it out.  Most Canon printers only support 2.4Ghz wireless and WPA/WPA2 security. On some newer WPA3 capable routers, you have to specifically enable backwards compatibility for WPA2 support. 

@KathrynL, you might want to look into these suggestions as well if they apply to your situation.

Broadcasts.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements