cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3650S Can't Get It to Connect to Wi-Fi

Anto12
Apprentice

Can anyone help have a Canon MG3650S and can't get it to connect to WiFi. Have gone through the set up multiple times and spoken to Canon support but they have basically gone through the same stages as I've done  

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer will only connect to a 2.4Ghz broadcast using WPA-2 security.  If your router is dual or tri-band and using the same SSID name for all broadcasts this might cause problems.  Ensure you are connecting to a dedicated 2.4Ghz broadcast.  I suggest using a unique name, but you can also temporarily disable the 5G broadcast during the connection process.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Benibiker
Contributor

Like shadowsports said...  I had the same problem and finally found a solution.  In the printer user manual it says WPA/WPA2 encryption method on your router is not supported by this printer.  You'll have to go into your router as administrator and change the WPA version to just WPA2 if yours is set to WPA/WPA2 or WPA2/WPA3.  Go back and do the WAN setup on the printer again, find the router name, click OK, in the next step only one option is highlighted, it shows some address or something, click it and it will then ask for the password!  Enter it and you are good to go!

Announcements