cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 stopped communicating after getting new modem

techeditor
Contributor
The printer/scanner has been working fine. A couple of days ago, my husband changed to a different modem for the internet at AT&T's request. So our password changed, and we had to change passwords wherever applicable. (Should we have also changed a password in our printer software? I don't remember ever putting our password in it.)

After we were using this new modem, our printer/scanner stopped working with the computers. That is, when we pressed the POWER button, we could hear the printer/scanner come on, but it could no longer communicate with our computers.

When I turn on the printer/scanner, a green light comes on at the POWER button and at 8.5 x 11 PLAIN PAPER, and a blue light comes on to the top right, no words, just a picture of I don't know what.

How can I make the printer/scanner work with our computers? (Windows 11)
14 REPLIES 14

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You can use a mobile device and our free app to connect to your wifi network. If you have a Android mobile device click HERE or for iOS click HERE

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, Arthur. I will do that on my iPhone. But please tell me what to do with it. Thanks again.

Never mind my previous reply. I see the instructions.

I already had the app CannonPRINT on my iPhone. I used it a couple years ago when I first set up the printer. So I cannot follow these directions. The app does not show what the directions says it should show.

I know I need to change the wifi password but cannot find in this app anyplace to do that.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your printer is not aware you got a new router, and it will continue to use the password used previously to connect to the wireless network.  You will need to update the password so the printer can connect and communicate with the new network.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

OK, Rick. Should I do that with the app that Arthur told me to download to my iPhone?

I cannot find the place where I can change the password.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you are using the App for iOS or Android, you have to put the printer into cableless set up mode (first) before starting the detection and connection process in the App.  You are not given the option to enter a password after selecting the network (SSID) unless done first.

Cableless SetUp Mode

If you continue to have difficulty, let me know and I will provide another option. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your help, Rick. I DID first put my printer into cableless setup mode. The problem is, I think, I already had Cannon Print app on my iPhone. I downloaded it the first time I set up the printer. Now it does not look like the directions say it does, and I see no way to set up the printer with the app anymore.

The app opens to a home page with buttons for DOCUMENT PRINT, PHOTO PRINT, SCAN, SMARTPHONE COPY, CLOUD, COPY, CREATE PHOTO ITEMS, and FAQ. I can switch pages to  Function or Add/Switch. There is a menu with About, Notification Settings, Notices, and Delete Account.

Add/Switch sounds like it might pertain to my situation. It lists my printer. When I tap that, nothing.

I see no place to set up the printer probably because it thinks I already did. I don't know why Canon provides no place to change my password.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements