cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 stopped communicating after getting new modem

techeditor
Contributor
The printer/scanner has been working fine. A couple of days ago, my husband changed to a different modem for the internet at AT&T's request. So our password changed, and we had to change passwords wherever applicable. (Should we have also changed a password in our printer software? I don't remember ever putting our password in it.)

After we were using this new modem, our printer/scanner stopped working with the computers. That is, when we pressed the POWER button, we could hear the printer/scanner come on, but it could no longer communicate with our computers.

When I turn on the printer/scanner, a green light comes on at the POWER button and at 8.5 x 11 PLAIN PAPER, and a blue light comes on to the top right, no words, just a picture of I don't know what.

How can I make the printer/scanner work with our computers? (Windows 11)
14 REPLIES 14

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Since the App is continuing to present challenges, please visit the following link on your PC and begin set up:

Canon : Manuals : MG3620 : Setup - Windows -

Once you get to the Wireless connection set up, put the printer into Cableless set up mode as you had done previously.  This time after selecting the SSID, you should be given the opportunity to enter the new wireless password.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Oh brother! I just did the setup using your link.When it asked me to choose my printer from a list, there was no list.

I clicked UPDATE, then nothing.

So I checked the box saying my printer isn't listed and clicked NEXT.

Then it was doing an installation. Then I got a message saying it couldn't install something-or-other, so I should start over. (The message disappeared too quickly to copy it.)

But then it printed something my husband had in the print queue.

I don't know what to think. What should I do?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Log into your router and check the list of attached devices.  If the printer is connected, it will appear there and display the IP address it has been assigned by the router.

Once you know the IP address of the printer, open a web browser and enter its IP into the address bar.  Can you see its webserver?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

before I do that, I should tell you that I tried to print something from my computer, and it worked. I never gave it a wifi password or my printer serial number. But if it works, can I just do nothing else and get to work on my taxes?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

You are welcome to do taxes.  🤑  If you decide you want to re-visit, just reply back.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements