cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 Potential connection issues

BBMac1955
Apprentice

I am not very computer savvy, but I purchased a MG3620 printer and downloaded the installation instructions.  I do not have DVD accessibility.  After much aggravation and attempts, I finally got the printer installed, well, I can see it in my devices list and I have set the default for this printer.  Ok-the copier works just fine so I know the thing is set up properly.  I was able to manually print a test page.  However, I cannot print anything off the computer.  I have a desktop Dell All In One, it is new.  

Every time I try to even print a test page, I get an error message.  There is no identifying number attached, just says printer error.  I have tried removing and re-installing, I have cleared the queue and tried again and again.  I have re-started the computer, the printer.  I am trying to use it in the wireless mode.   

What else can I do?  Again, I am not very well educated when it comes to computers.  Yeah, I am older, but I usually can figure these things out.  

2 REPLIES 2

BBMac1955
Apprentice

I already posted my question in the software discussion, but I am not sure if this is a software problem.  I have just purchased this printer and am attempting to install and use it.  It shows up in my devices and printers and I have it as my default.  I do not have a DVD drive, so I looked up the software on Canon's website and used that.  That didn't work and I watched a YouTube video and was able to install it with that info.  However, my problem is it won't print from the computer.  The copier works, so I know the ink and everything is good.  I get an error message whenever I try to print even a test page.  I have restarted, I have reinstalled, I have looked for security issues and I cant figure out what is wrong.  

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BBMac1955,

Real time feedback would be beneficial in this case.  Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below to log into your My Canon account:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Once logged in, click on your product and then click on the Product Support button. When that page loads, click on either the Phone Support button or the Chat Support button to access support.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements