cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3000 Series: Trouble installing driver for direct connect

triplehalf
Apprentice

Hi! I am using a very antiquated laptop as well as what I thought was an antiquated canon printer/scanner.

I do not wish this PC to have any access to my wireless network. I have the adapters disabled, and at least the device not discoverable. Also, on the printer, I have the wireless option turned off. I have it hardwired via the correct cord from the printer to the computer.

I immediately found out that my driver is absent so I downloaded the mg3000 package from the canon site (there appears to be only that option. The only problem with that is it errors out because it wants to use my network which again, I’m trying to avoid ever, having either of these devices connect wirelessly - or even be discoverable on any network. It’s just me & I do have a modem/router but due to security issues, some things I absolutely do not want associated with my current setup.

I’m unable to unzip the package to get the individual possible PPD files or drivers. I’ve been searching for the actual simple driver file that I can utilize. I cannot find a zip file containing the necessary drivers nor find simply the drivers available anywhere for download.

Can someone help with this? I’m lost because I’m using extremely antiquated equipment. However, I finally have a situation in which I absolutely need to be able to type (even if only in word pad) and then to print whatever I type. Another option is to save it to a flash drive, take it to an office store to have it printed per page, but I have several old machines/printers which I would love to use. I’ve had these things for years and it hasn’t ever been that important but now I do need to be able to use a printer wired directly to my laptop without using a network.

I’d appreciate any help!

Regards, Theresa

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Theresa!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof) and which specific printer model you're using within the PIXMA MG3000 series. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements