cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2920 & Windows 11 PC Driver Installation Woes

mindenroses
Contributor

Have a pair of Pixma iP7200 printers, which I love.  However, I just replaced my aging Windows 10 home PC with a new Windows 11 Dell PC.  My Brother printer software installed without a problem, but I've been unable to download drivers successfully for the iP7200 printer from Canon's site.  Is it not possible to operate an iP7200 on Windows 11, or is there a workaround available?  All of our laptops and our home PC are now running on Windows 11, and I'm reluctant to consign our two iP7200 machines, not to mention unused ink cartridges, to the trash.

Many thanks for any advice!  

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, mindenroses!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using within the PIXMA iP7200 series.  The model number should appear on the front of the printer at the upper right corner. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

My printers are MG2920 models.  Researching further, I found a reply by Canon to a similarly frustrated consumer that the MG2920 models have been "retired."  Mine haven't been.  At this point, I've invested several hours trying to install Canon drivers, don't have a working Canon printer, and am on the verge of shopping for a new printer, manufatured by other manufacturer.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

In many cases Windows 10 drivers work just fine with Windows 11. You may want to give those a try

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The Canon Windows 10 drivers fail to detect the printer, and do not install.

Which printer model do you own?

Subject line says MG2920, Message body states IP7200 series?

Now that I've looked.

MG2920 has drivers specifically for windows 11:

Canon Support for PIXMA MG2920 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

IP7200 has windows 11 specific drivers too:

Canon Support for PIXMA iP7220 | Canon U.S.A., Inc. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements