cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Chromebook Connection

NoelSantiago
Apprentice
Hello,

i have been trying to pair my new MG2522 printer to my Acer Chromebook 15 with no luck. I also tried reaching your Customer Service in the hope someone would help me, also no luck. I am not satisfied with your Customer Service or your Product.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi NoelSantiago,

The PIXMA MG2522 is not a wireless printer and would have to be connected and installed to a computer with a USB cable in order to be used with your Chromebook.

Chromebooks use Google Cloud Print communicate with printers.

To use your PIXMA MG2522 with your Chromebook, it must first be installed on a Windows or Mac computer.

To print from your Chromebook, it must be set up as a Classic Printer on the computer you just installed it on so your PIXMA MG2522 can use Google Cloud Print with your Chromebook.  To do this, please follow the steps for connecting a Classic Printer from Google's web site:

https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/1686197?hl=en

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cloud print is not available anymore on chromebook its discontinued. So is there another way to download the software

Hi,

Since Google has discontinued Cloud Print, you would need to connect the printer to a Windows or Mac computer. There is no driver or software that can be installed on a Chromebook.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements