cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG 6250 wireless set-up and Air Print set up for Apple OSX El Capitan OS

Gustave1
Apprentice

Hi,

I just bought a new Apple lap-top (El Capitan OS, version 10.11.5). My PIXMA 6250 printer continues to work fine on a USB connection, but -- unlike with my previous lap-top running the Yosemite OS -- it no longer works on a WIFI connection. What's more, it would be nice to use the Air Print feature from my iPad. 

So I tried to reinstall the PIXMA 6250 software from the CD-ROM. In the process, I get a message  "the OS version is unsupported". When I bypass this and select the "Select Wireless LAN set-up", a message then tells me to "Press and hold the WPS button on the Access Point and hold for 5 seconds".

Now, where is this WPS button? I'm based in France, and I don't have a router to speak off.  I do have this contraption from the national cable network, though, for WIFI, cable TV and internet phone access (they call it the Live Box here). I did take the chance of pressing a button that's beneath a WIFI-looking icon for 5 seconds, but then my WIFI network connection went blank, and I could no longer find my network from the WIFI drop-down menu.

So my question is this: 1/ Is the PIXMA 6250 printer supported by the new El Capitan OS, and can it print using a WIFI connection? 2/ If so, how can I implement this function, as well as Air Print, on my new lap-top?

Man thanks for your help,

Pierre

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Hi, Pierre!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements