cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020 - Connected to 2 Windows 11 computers, one always errors out

weatherfords90
Contributor

I have a G6000 series printer being shared by 2 computers via WiFi. The computers are connected to the router via ethernet. I recently upgraded one of the computers to Windows 11. Since then when computer A prints a job everything is fine but then when computer B attempts to print it gets a printer off line message. If we turn off/on the printer the computer B job prints but now computer A gets Offline message when it attempts to print. 

I have removed and readded the printer on both machines but no help. It appears the printer is not releasing the bind.

any suggestions.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

the static ip address of printer is 192.168.1.26

the ip address of computer a is 192.168.1.27 (static IP

ip address of computer b is 192.1.28  (static IP)

ping from Computer A is immediate 

ping from Computer B was 'UNABLE TO REACH' turned printer off and back on and the Ping was immediate. 

went back to computer A and ping was successful.

reviewing ports of computer B print defination saw port was mis-configured. added new tcpip port like this 

weatherfords90_0-1707601250180.png

now both computers list a configured port as in this screen shot. 

I bounced between computers printing test pages and both computers printed without issue. 

So this appears to have been a misconfigured port. (hopefully) 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the specific model of the printer you have, this should be on the printer itself, top or front of the unit.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

Printer is G6020.

I should have also said that both computers are running Windows 11.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings weatherfords90,

My reply in this topic is a best practice recommendation:

Re: TR7520 - connecting wirelessly with multiple d... - Canon Community

While the printer model is different, the premise applies to all network devices and will improve your control of your network.  Take a look.  If you have questions, reply back for more help. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thank you for the suggestion. The printer was setup with a static IP address from day 1 and both computers recognize the printer on that port.   

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What is the Static IP of the printer?

What is the IP of computer A?

What is the IP of computer B?

What happens (result) when you ping the printer from each computer?

My printer's IP is 192.168.1.99

its installed as an IP printer with a static address.

shadowsports_1-1707592932926.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

the static ip address of printer is 192.168.1.26

the ip address of computer a is 192.168.1.27 (static IP

ip address of computer b is 192.1.28  (static IP)

ping from Computer A is immediate 

ping from Computer B was 'UNABLE TO REACH' turned printer off and back on and the Ping was immediate. 

went back to computer A and ping was successful.

reviewing ports of computer B print defination saw port was mis-configured. added new tcpip port like this 

weatherfords90_0-1707601250180.png

now both computers list a configured port as in this screen shot. 

I bounced between computers printing test pages and both computers printed without issue. 

So this appears to have been a misconfigured port. (hopefully) 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements