cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX490 How to Enter the Numbers in My Passphrase

v123456
Apprentice

MX-490 I had my wireless router replaced due to issues with the previous router. I don't have a WPS button on my new router, I tried doing a manual setup from the printer display, it finds my router network just fine, I choose it and it then asks for a passpharse, It will only let me put in letters and not numbers as I only have numbers in my PW . Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here please. All other automatic methods do not find the printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

v123456
Apprentice

Thanks Tronhard, I looked in the manual and must have went right past it.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Normally on the keyboard display there is a key to allow you to switch between letter, numbers and symbols, I recommend you check that, and if  you have not done so already, check the installation documentation in your manual. 

I did a very quick search and came up with this.  There appears to be a decent amount of documentation if you follow the links they provide for setup:
Canon : Manuals : MX496 : Setup - Windows -
and
Canon : PIXMA Manuals : MX490 series : Entering Numbers, Letters, and Symbols

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

v123456
Apprentice

Thanks Tronhard, I looked in the manual and must have went right past it.  

Announcements