cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network can't find PIXMA MG3620

shari000
Apprentice

I just purchased the MG 3620 and have been trying to set it up on my Wi-Fi network.  I've been searching all of the troubleshooting guides and trying different options/fixes, but no matter what I do, in the end, the printer can't be detected on the network.  Here's some of the information I have and what I've done.

So this is what happens, I get through the EULA and am able to select my printer from the list.  Once I get to between step 3 and 4 of the set-up process, the power button starts to blink, and by step 4 the power button is blinking, the alarm button is on (solid, not blinking) and in the last step/dialog box, the printer cannot be detected on the network again.  I've tried redetecting, to no avail, I've gone back to the top and restarted the entire process at least 5-6 times, I've uninstalled the software and reinstalled it, I've unplugged the printer and let it sit.  I've turned the computer off and on.  I've also tried to see if I could connect with my Samsung, but haven't been able to.

I'm trying to set up a Microsoft Surface Pro 8

I've been able to print a Network Configuration page twice.  The first time, the SSID wasn't ours, the second time, it was. 

The connection on the Network Configuration Page has always been Inactive.

The firewall has not been an issue that I can tell.

I was asked for a wi-fi password on my phone, but the computer set-up has never asked for one.

I've been searching forums, but haven't found this exact issue.  

Thank you for any help you can give.  I am NOT computer or tech savvy, so if you have any tips or solutions, please write them as if you were trying to explain them to an 8 y/o 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system on your computer.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

Hi Samantha -

It's operating windows 11 Home

Announcements