cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My verizon router was changed and my Canon Pixma iX6820 series will not show on printer set up

Tweety_Bird_
Contributor

Hi 

Verizon changed out my router and the name and password are the same as before but all of my devices needed to be refreshed with the password. For both my MacBook Laptop and apple Desktop I can no longer "find" my canon Pixma printer iX6820. I push the wifi button on the front it is difficult to push in and the power button never flashes. I have downloaded the driver again too and followed the setup guide. Also, I have powered off the laptop and printer multiple times. I am out of ideas of how to get the printer to show up to select it for a printer on my mac.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello! I wanted to let you know you were correct it was a physical problem with the wifi button on my printer. I ended up giving up on it and ordered another one and when I pushed the wifi button it depressed as expected. I had to buy a new one because I ended up breaking the wifi button after so many times trying to press it in. Thank you so the help!!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Slide 1 (canon.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Thank you for the slide deck, I actually had seen it and I have two issues. First my mac doesn't have the CD-ROM so I went to canon and installed the software. My 2nd I believe biggeset problem is when I press in the wifi button on the front of my Pixma it is very difficult to push in ( I had to push very hard with a pen to depress it) but when I do the power light never ever blinks twice after holding it in for a minute (and breaking a sweat). If I turn off and even unplug, after restarting it powers up and the wifi blue light comes on again but it still isn't recognized on my mac. I have an epson printer that connects even after removing it from my printer selections on my mac. The Epson doesn't do what my Pixma does 😞 . I am thinking it might be an access point? But I don't know why my wifi button will not reset the power button to blink 2X's as required by the instructions you sent. I feel totally defeated here at this point. I sent my entire morning and afternoon trying everything to get it to work. Any suggestions? I really appreciate you reply.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like a physical problem with the printer. If it was mine I would unplug it and try and resolve the button issue. Did something happen  to the printer? Is something stuck in the gap between the button and the housing? 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I don't think it is a physical problem as I have used this before. I just think whatever is wrong is some how connected to all my issues. 

I printed the network config an under wireless LAN it is showing MAC address inactive WEP Key length inactive and Wireless LAN DRX enabled. I am thinking the problem lies in here? I would think the inactive should be active?

I made a big mistake--     on previous email      Here is everything

Wireless LAN enable

Connection - Inactive **** I think this is the problem?

Mac address is there

SSID is my wireless name

Communication is infrastructure

Encryption AES

WEP key length inactive

authentication WPA2/PSK

WPS pin code is there

Wireless LAN DRX enabled

connection inactive

If your printer can see the wireless network name, try the standard setup method using the Verizon network name & the password (usually on the back of the router). WPS is just a PITA.

Hello! I wanted to let you know you were correct it was a physical problem with the wifi button on my printer. I ended up giving up on it and ordered another one and when I pushed the wifi button it depressed as expected. I had to buy a new one because I ended up breaking the wifi button after so many times trying to press it in. Thank you so the help!!!

Tweety_Bird_
Contributor

Thank you so much for responding CariM. Unfortunately, a friend tried to help me and broke the wifi button by pressing it in with too much force trying to reset the printer to default. I love that printer so much I ordered a new one. I am expecting that set-up will go smoothly since it will now be an initial set-up.

I will accept the solution so that people don't continue to respond to my message.

Your response was truly appreciated!

Announcements