cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx920 Wireless printing problem

slashmon1
Apprentice

I have just bought an mx920, beautiful printer I may point out, it worked well for the first two days but I cannot print as of today, I connect to the printer wirelessly and all my computers are Macs.

The printer is connected to the network properly and my computer shows that it has an active connectiong, but when I click print the printer goes to "in use" and then goes offline, and the Print Que says "Printer not connected" 

I've tried connecting the printer to the network again, and I have restarted the printer along with my computers but it still wont work. 

Please help 

159 REPLIES 159

Hopefully this helps answer your question and gets everyone on the right track to fixing this problem.  On a side note the printer has been working well after this update.  Another side note, the Tech Support person who helped me a second time did not show the lastest firmware version either but when I selected "Install Update" it was there.

These are the steps...

• Menu
• Set Up (OK)
• Device Settings (OK)
• Firmware (OK)
• Check Current Version (OK)
• BACK
• Install Update (This took a few minutes)

Good luck!

Trying this tonight! Thanks so much, NoWake200!

Thanks for the info, I upgraded last night without any problems, now running with the latest firmware. Nothing has changed as far as the issue, I printed some documents right after the upgrade (Current Version: 2.000), then waited till this morning to print more documents and the result was that the printer was offline and not responding. Once I powered cycled, everything came back up and printing continued. My guess now is that it is probably the driver on my main system, which is a Windows 7 (x64) system.

If there are any updates to the Windows driver (again the website says there are none), I can apply that as well.

Jim

Digging a little deeper, the issue is when the printer goes into standby mode. Seems to be well reported as an issue, and it looks like since there is *no* response from Canon, they are either unable to fix it, or are not worried about it, or they don't want to tell those of us who bought the printer that it is the router.

I'm going to try this next:

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/mx-922-restart-cant-wake-up/td-p/38019

Jim

They told me it was the router and that I need to contact Apple.  Apple said it is not their problem and I agree.  The ironic thing, our old Canon MX860 did not have this issue and it has been on the same router for some time now.

This lastest firmware update seemed to have fixed the problem for us, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

THUMBS DOWN Canon!!!!

The problem is back, now the message is "Printer is not connected" and "looking for printer".

This is VERY disapointing Canon and what I would expect from HP products.

Said up to date.  then tried to punch scan again.  received "PC Local (USB) " as only option for the printer.

Have been using for a couple of years without problem???

Thank you for your post... I just updated the firmware....never knew this was in menu!!

which menu do I go to ?

i have same problem.

Announcements