cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Studio, Print Studio Pro Persistent Error Message

mtsat
Contributor

I have a Mac Studio. I have set Photoshop 23 to run using Rosetta. Print Studio Pro installs and starts up. I go through the settings and all is well until I check the soft proofing box. PSP then brings up an error dialog announcing it will now quit. I restart PSP but the error dialog pops up before I can uncheck the soft proof box. That makes PSP unusable. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted, tried alternative photos, etc.,etc. Any idea how to correct this?

Any idea if we will ever get a PSP that runs natively on Mac silicone? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which model equipment you are using and
 exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version) Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

eknovack
Apprentice

I have this exact same issue on my M1 Mac Mini with Lightroom CC and print Studio Pro V: 2.2.5.

It exits out with that error message box when I have soft proofing selected. I was able to work arounf this by disabling soft proofing in the xml configuration files:

1- UserSetting_Custom.xml - open this file with textEdit

/Users/(UserName)/Library/Application Support/Print Studio Pro/V2/UserData/Favorites/UserSetting_Custom.xml

Change this key to false

</dict>
<key>USEPROOFMODE</key>
<false/>

2- Config_NormalMode.plist

Edit this file with TextEdit

/Users/(UserName)/Library/ApplicationSupport/Print Studio Pro/V2

Search for proof and change this key to false:

<key>USEPROOFMODE</key>
<dict>
<key>DataType</key>
<integer>4</integer>