cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print and Professional Layout Manager has incorrect IP address

roger_cavanagh
Apprentice

My P-300 is set for wireless operation on my Mac Studio. I can print to the printer from other apps, but PPLM shows the message printer on standby, and shows the incorrect IP address …138. I can connect to the printer through the remote UI interface on the correct address …114. Everything seems to be okay.

I have restarted the router, the printer and the computer, but PPLM still shows the wrong IP address.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, roger_cavanagh!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.  We've made two models whose names could possibly match the one you mentioned, namely the imagePROGRAF PRO-300 and the imagePROGRAF GP-300.  Is it one of those or something else?

It would also help us to know which version of macOS you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Danny,

Thanks for the reply.

Apologies I’m a newbie here and to my imagePROGRAF PRO-300. I’m running macOS 14.5 Sonoma. I have a mesh network with Deco P7/M9 devices.

I have made some progress on my problem. I tried reinstalling PLPM, but that made no difference. With some trepidation I manually changed the IP address of the printer to …138 that Job Manager was reporting. This allowed me to successfully produce a print from PPLM. However, it does seem a potential issue to leave the printer as the only device on my wifi network not using auto-setup for TCP/IP. However, so far the only problem I have noticed is that the printer does not show as a connected device in the Deco app.

Colour me puzzled.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements